Sunday, November 2, 2014

Sunday Sewing

Thought I'd show a grouping of my Sugar Block Club blocks prior to making the one I made today.  To any new readers, this was another project I joined at the beginning of the year.  It's a paid subscription to a mystery Block of the Month.  Amy of Stitchery Dickory Dock also sends a recipe along with the block directions.  I haven't attempted any of those but they do sound and look enticing.

So far this is my fav block only because of the crane fabric.  I love birds and I am especially fond of cranes.  Ours are of the Sandhill variety here, but still excellent, as all cranes are!  Here's a closeup…

They seem to have done a semi-good job of co-existing with people here in Florida.  Unfortunately they like to eat by grazing long distances and will step in front of vehicles to cross the road.  But I digress.

November's block, was a paper-pieced one.  I like the precision of it and that Amy suggests precut sizes for the various fabrics, certainly makes for less fabric waste and guessing.

That's it for today, anyone else doing the SBC?  I'd love to hear about it!

No comments: